What is Multi Cloud?
In its simplest form, multi cloud is when an enterprise uses a combination of different cloud solutions, for example, two or more public or private clouds, or a combination of the two. It’s important to differentiate multi cloud from hybrid cloud at this juncture. Multi cloud relies on one, or several public cloud service providers for their computing and storage resources, while a multi cloud deployment that makes use of private cloud or on-premise multi cloud infrastructure, would be considered a hybrid multi cloud.
Benefits of a Multi Cloud Platform
Multi cloud has been gaining popularity lately, with 81% of enterprises having already adopted multi cloud or planning to adopt in the near future. It’s massive and wide-spread adoption is due in no small part to quite a few benefits that enterprises are loving. Let’s explore a few of the benefits of a multi cloud platform, and how it’s transforming our expectations of connectivity.
How is Multi Cloud Different From Hybrid Cloud?
We often see the terms multi cloud and hybrid cloud used interchangeably, but there are two key differences you should be aware of. Multi cloud doesn’t need a private cloud to work, while hybrid cloud does. All that’s required to be a multi cloud organization is using more than one public cloud, and it doesn’t require a network-wide solution to work with different cloud environments. Hybrid cloud needs more unified operations to meet these specific needs.
What Does a Multi Cloud Architecture Look Like?
A basic cloud architecture has 3 separate tiers: load balancing server, application and database server. A multi cloud strategy is even more interesting, as it allows you to tailor your cloud to your use case. For example, a multi-national might choose one cloud format for their European branches, and a different one for the United States branches. A true multi cloud architecture provides several benefits including:
- Serving offices that are far from a data center or in remote regions
- Helping enterprises who deal with stringent compliance and regulation standards
- Where public cloud is being used with on-premises resources
- Where an enterprise needs the added security of disaster recovery or IR services
How does Sangfor Help Businesses with Multi Cloud Management?
Multi cloud management is the technology and tools used to monitor, secure and optimize their data, applications and workloads. Management platforms like Sangfor’s Cloud Platform (SCP) reduce strain and reliance on skilled IT teams, and provide the visibility, security, availability and manageable cost that enterprises want and need. For more information on the Essentials of Managing Hybrid Multi Cloud, click here!
What is Hybrid Cloud?
- Hybrid cloud is a single system that combines different cloud environments, including public and private, and typically managed by software that unifies workloads across on-premise and public cloud environments.
What is Cloud Migration?
- Cloud migration is the process of transferring elements like data and applications to the cloud, or into a cloud computing environment. There are several types of cloud migration, including the transfer of data and applications from an on-premise data center to the public cloud. Cloud-to-cloud migration is the process of moving the same elements from one cloud to a different cloud. Finally, you can also migrate your data and applications off the cloud, and back into your local data center. For help with a cloud migration strategy, there are many incredibly interesting and low-cost reading options to inform you of your choices.
What is Managed Cloud Services?
- Managed cloud services are offered by cloud experts, to set up, deploy, manage and maintain an enterprise cloud. Managed cloud services are great for enterprises without highly skilled IT staff, or those with many branches or remote locations. This type of service takes the pressure off IT administrators to manage the cloud, and lets them focus on more pressing tasks, while the managed cloud vendor manages the cloud.
For more information on multi cloud and managed cloud services, visit Sangfor online.