According to a recent survey:
- 78% of employees lack confidence in their companies cyber security capabilities
- An average of 5% of a companies’ files are properly protected
- 80% of IT security leaders feel organizations have the tools they need to deal with cyber-threat with the work from home challenges of 2021
Cloud solution providers are fighting an uphill battle this year. Users know that their online activity is being tracked and monitored by enterprises, ideally in an effort to provide better customer services and products. But how do you know when your data privacy is being sacrificed for more nefarious or dishonest reasons. Data privacy and protection are key features of most excellent hybrid-cloud deployments. But how do consumers know if the cloud security solutions they rely on are really battle-tested and powerful enough to hold back the flood of malicious attacks?
Many enterprises are turning to managed cloud services to provide the cloud security and data privacy they need to stop data leakage, misconfiguration and vulnerabilities that often lead to cyber-attack. But how do you know if your vendor is providing the powerful and secure features you are paying a premium for? Let’s explore the concept of hybrid-cloud, and how it is being used to enable the most cutting-edge cloud security and data privacy.
Architecting Your Hybrid-Cloud Environment
Cyber-attacks from malware and ransomware are usually front of mind when considering the deployment of a multi-cloud environment. “Ransomware attacks continue at an alarming pace, inflicting serious damage on the victim organizations that rely on their services,” said Inga Goddijn, Executive Vice President at Risk Based Security. “The slow pace of reporting brought on by lengthy incident investigations has not improved, and attackers continue to find new opportunities to take advantage of changing circumstances.” There are 5 principles you can follow, to ensure that you are building the most secure and versatile hybrid-cloud environment for your enterprise.
5 principles to follow for guaranteed security and versatile hybrid-cloud
- Focus on Flexibility: Focus on flexibility in application deployment, to ensure each application has all the resources it needs to be effective and work to the best of its ability.
- Cost-Free Evolution: Focus on creating the ability for applications to move from environment to environment easily, without the need to purchase more space or deploy new solutions.
- Seek Simplicity: Simplify operation by using a unified operating model, a structure proven to reduce security risk to the enterprise network.
- Fully Realized Resources: Fill any knowledge gaps and minimize learning curves by providing the most automated security features for all users.
- Automate Automatically: Scale automatically to meet the needs of users and network administrators.
Benefits of Managed Cloud Services
- Predictable Spending: One of the biggest benefits of managed cloud services is being able to predict your future spending on cloud, and easy scalability based on needs. Your needs will certainly shift over the course of the year, with spending varying wildly based on market conditions, seasons and cyber threat. Flat pricing gives you the peace of mind you need to know that there aren’t any massive, unexpected costs coming your way.
- Access to Expert IT Professionals: There is a distinct lack of available IT and security experts in the world, making them difficult to find and hard to hold onto. Managed hybrid-cloud providers have the expert IT staff ready to help you and answer your questions at a moment’s notice. This is where you will want to carefully evaluate your future vendor, to ensure they will provide continuing services you will need.
- Future-Proofing Cloud Deployment: Deploying the latest IT services and support means you are ready for whatever comes. On-premises servers are costly to maintain, and could present major problems if they fail. Using a managed cloud vendor ensures there will be no unexpected failure, and also provides help in the event of a disaster.
- Cyber-Security Support: Boosting cyber-security capabilities is another major benefit of using managed cloud services, with most providers offer immediate support in the event of a cyber-attack, a vital element that could conceivably save your business.
- Disaster Recovery Support: No solution is 100% secure, and attacks happen on a second-by-second basis. In the event of any kind of disaster, be it natural or man-made, you will have access to experts in disaster recovery support, an element that gets you back online faster and protects your data every step of the way.
- One-Stop-Shop: The greatest benefit of choosing a managed cloud service, is the ability to work with a company with global threat intelligence, but a local presence. Different vendors have expertise in different regions, and gather threat intelligence from across their global network, perfect for protecting even smaller, regional businesses. One stop is all you need for all your cloud requirements, from deployment to recovery.
For more information on powerful managed cloud services, with global protection and local support, contact Sangfor Technologies