The Royal Malaysian Customs Department (Malay
: Jabatan Kastam Diraja Malaysia), abbreviated RMC or JKDM, is the Malaysian Government
agency responsible for administrating the nation's indirect tax policy, border enforcement and narcotic offences.
• Replacement of proxy server
• Powerless proxy tools and torrent applications
• Shortfall in real time network visibility
• Network behavior reporting
Business Pain Points
1. One of the main requirements was to replace their traditional proxy server, which was unable to identify most of the latest applications and software, with a latest secure web gateway product, to cater to their monitoring, controlling and network behavior control requirements.
2. Users could easily bypass the premise firewall to reach illegal websites, and were discovered using proxy tools like Ultrasurf for Torrent downloads, an action against KASTAM compliance and internet standards, and an abuse of their bandwidth resource policies.
3. KASTAM's IT administrators struggled to discover the root causes of slow network performance or inconsistency. Their IT team often received complaints and had to review massive logs to discover issues and abnormalities that were sometimes untraceable.
4. IT administrators were required to compile and format report logs for the management team, from traditional massive logs, taking valuable business hours.
Sangfor Solutions - Sangfor Internet Access Management Solution (IAM & BBC)
1. Sangfor IAM provided new and more powerful authentication and content filtering features, with more granular control and crystal clear visibility of network behavior.
2. The Sangfor R&D department deployed an Anti-Proxy Module to identify and block proxies. Alerts pop up to warn proxy users, and if any proxy tools are detected, access can be denied. IAM can also identify and block torrent or multi-thread downloading tools.
3. Sangfor IAM real time dashboard allows administrators to view real time traffic flow, application usage, users and services. These functions allow IT administrators to detect any Internet slowness. Sangfor IAM can identify the highest-ranking applications or users consuming a majority of bandwidth resources in real time, making it possible to allocate appropriate policies to solve internet slowness issues. Everything happening in the user network environment is now logged and audited for tracking purposes.