Oracle database is widely used in government, health, enterprise, education and other verticals as core business system in the data center. Adopting Oracle RAC (real application cluster) is a typical approach to ensure the reliability and stability of systems like core ERP in large enterprises, key business systems in government, HIS in hospitals and other core systems.
2. Database disk configuration and data reliability
3. Database performance guarantee
Let’s take a deeper look at these 3 aspects.
Database Availability Design
- In the event of a physical host failure with Oracle service on it, application level failover will be achieved by RAC mechanism. In the meantime, Sangfor HCI will pull up the Oracle VM which were previously failed with the physical host to rebuild the RAC health
- To cope with sudden peak access, Sangfor HCI provides DRS and DRX features to hot-add resources to the Oracle VM automatically in case of performance bottleneck caused by database peak access
Database Disk Configuration and Data Reliability Design
- Sangfor HCI employs distributed storage architecture so that there are multiple copies of data in the disks. Shared disk data of Oracle will be written and distributed to different disks on different physical nodes to ensure data reliability
- HCI also provides scheduled backup policy to avoid any data loss by error
Database Performance Design
- Through HugePage combined with Linux kernel feature, Oracle RAC transaction performance can be hugely increased under the pressure of large business concurrency