About PT Trimegah Sekuritas Indonesia Tbk
PT Trimegah Sekuritas Indonesia Tbk is an Indonesian securities company that was established on May 9, 1990 and listed its shares on the Jakarta Stock Exchange (now the Indonesia Stock Exchange) on January 31, 2000. Trimegah Sekuritas has three business divisions:
- The Equity Trading Division provides stock sales services on the primary market and stock brokerage services on the secondary market for retail and institutional customers.
- The Fixed Income Trading Division provides debt securities sales services on the primary market and debt securities trading brokerage on the secondary market such as government bonds and corporate bonds.
- The Investment Banking Division provides stock and debt securities underwriting services and financial advisory services, including merger and acquisition, valuation, corporate restructuring and financing.
Trimegah Sekuritas’ Challenges
- Bandwidth Management: Limited bandwidth between HQ and branches caused network latency and lagging, which was affecting the responsiveness of applications and thus work efficiency.
- Long Recovery Time Objective (RTO): Took 4 hours to back up one host from the data center to the disaster recovery data center. This puts business continuity at risk in the event of a system failure caused by a natural disaster or cyber-attack.
To address the above challenges, Trimegah Sekuritas opted for Sangfor’s WAN Optimization solution - WANO. Trimegah Sekuritas benefited from the deployment of Sangfor WANO in the following ways:
- Application Optimization: Accelerates application response and enables bandwidth management and optimization for all branches and the disaster recovery data center.
- Performance Improvement: RTO is decreased from more than 4 hours to 15 minutes to ensure minimal business disruption if a disaster occurs.
- Internal Reports: Actively monitors and generates reports of all host traffic and user traffic of every branch to facilitate operations and maintenance.
- Total cost of ownership (TCO) Savings: 2K less as renewal cost.