Computer Network Defense (CND)
Today’s world runs on computer networks. Every organization from the smallest to the largest will have some varying degree of digital dependence - that is to say that they could not operate competently without the help of digital solutions and the massive benefits they bring.
But the digital revolution has also brought with it a more sinister side: cybercrime. Each network and endpoint alongside the users themselves pose a potential weakness for cybercriminals to exploit in one way or another, whether to extort a profit or another malicious intention. Organizations should leverage computer network defense (CND) to protect their networks and ensure a safe working space within their digital space.
What is computer network defense (CND)?
Computer network defense refers to all the steps an organization can take in order to protect its computer network from unauthorized activity. Many different cyber security solutions can contribute to your organization's CND including firewalls, VPNs, access control systems, and more.
Why do organizations need to know about CND and cybersecurity?
Unfortunately, it is not only the larger organizations that are targeted by cybercrime. Smaller businesses also fall victim because they have fewer resources to spend on solid cyber security systems and are often an easy target. Common malware attacks come from a variety of sources like phishing emails, malicious software, and more. Hackers may use trojans, viruses, worms, keyloggers, or a range of other techniques to gain access to your network or sensitive information. Read more about the different types of malware here.
Having a clear understanding of what CND is and how it can help your organization could make a world of a difference when, not if, you encounter instances of cybercrime such as these.
What steps can you take to improve computer network defense?
Organizations can start to immediately improve their computer network defense by taking the following steps:
1. Provide employee training sessions related to password strength, spotting phishing emails, and other basic cyber security tips. Cybercriminals will always look for the path of least resistance or the weakest link in your defense systems. If your employees are not fully aware of the best practices and how to use digital solutions in a safe and secure way, they will become this weak spot. Giving them even basic training on cyber security will help you protect your business.
2. Ensure your organization is using cyber security solutions including but not limited to:
- Endpoint security tools like Sangfor Endpoint Secure to ensure all devices that connect to your business network are secure
- Next-generation firewalls like Sangfor NGFW to filter through all the data sent to and from your business network
- Access control systems like Sangfor IAG to ensure only authorized personnel can access crucial organizational information
- Secure access service edge like Sangfor Access to help connect branch offices or remote users securely.
3. Keeping all computer systems and anti-virus software up to date. New strains of malware are constantly being released and keeping your security solutions up to date ensures that they can access crucial databases of this information to protect your organization.
4. Implementing an incident response team and plan. This will help ensure your business is well prepared in the event of a cyber security incident and help with overall computer network defense.
Protect your organization with Sangfor
Sangfor is a leading cyber security solutions vendor. We can help you with all your computer network defense needs and ensure your organization maintains a secure digital space. If you have any inquiries about CND cybersecurity solutions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team today.