In a submission to idginsiderpro.com, contributor Jack Gold announced, “Deploying independent endpoint or network security separately is coming to a rapid – and much-needed -- end. If you want to stay secure longer-term, focus on unifying your security products now."
With SaaS, legacy infrastructure and systems, and different products responsible for everything from data leakage and VPN to authentication and network monitoring - it’s a wonder anyone has a vast array of skills, not to mention the time, to maintain excellent network security. With IT budgets set to drop in the next year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, CIO’s are looking for an opportunity to make their IT as simple, stable and valuable as possible.
One way to do this is to consider how your network security products work together and how effective they are at offering the continued and complex protection you need. Central to any network security system is a few core components, that when combined, give users multi-faceted, multi-layer security from the core network to each endpoint.
1. An AI-powered detection engine achieves high detection and low false-positive rates by accurately identifying the “DNA” of unknown malware/ransomware using artificial intelligence, evolving neural networks and heuristics.
2. A cloud-based threat intelligence & deep learning platform can train thousands of nodes within multi-dimensional algorithmic detection models.
3. Working in conjunction with a next-generation application firewall means a signal can be sent when any unusual or malicious behaviour is detected, alerting to any exfiltration to Command & Control servers and access to phishing sites at the perimeter.
4. Micro-segmentation of network boundaries through a secure web gateway limits access across network boundaries.
5. Fast and intelligent endpoint monitoring and protection go beyond isolating malicious files at the endpoint, by providing multiple mechanisms to mitigate threats based on file, machine or group, and isolation response which includes endpoint host, service group, and file isolation, trust, deletion, and recovery.
Where do you find all these components and solutions, designed to work together to optimize security, cloud and infrastructure simultaneously? Sangfor of course. Working with too many vendors on too many incompatible, piece-meal security products virtually ensures there will be chinks in your armour. The world is moving toward more cohesive network security - and now is the time to ensure you are protected from end-to-end.
Sangfor Technologies is an APAC-based, global leading vendor of IT infrastructure solutions specializing in Network Security and Cloud Computing. Visit us at www.sangfor.com to learn more about Sangfor’s network security options, and let Sangfor make your IT simpler, more secure and more valuable.